Professionalism. Integrity. Reliability.

Rental income from overseas property

You must include rental income from overseas properties in your Australian tax return.

This income is the full amount of rent and associated payments you receive or become entitled to when you rent out your property. It doesn’t matter whether it’s paid to you or your agent.

If you receive associated payments in the form of goods and services, you’ll need to work out their monetary value for your Australian tax return.

Your rental income includes any assessable amounts you receive relating to limited recourse debt arrangements involving your rental property.

If you have paid tax in another country on your rental income, you can claim a foreign income tax offset in your Australian tax return.


Griffin & Associates

79 Denham St, Townsville City QLD 4810

Phone 07 4772 6588

Chartered Accountants